Glashütte Original Seventies Chronograph Panorama Date
- Glashütte Original Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
A retro-inspired classic gets a fresh face
The Seventies Chronograph Panorama Date from Glashütte Original celebrates a world on the move in the 1970s, where travel, self-realisation, flexibility and a return to nature became more outspoken social norms. This newly updated version is attired in elegant dark blue and is the product of painstaking craftsmanship. The dark blue of the dial is the result of an elaborate process of galvanisation. Rhodium-plated indexes and hands coated with Super- LumiNova® are mounted with great care by hand. Glashütte Original’s signature Panorama Date at 6 o’clock and the 12-hour chronograph counter below 12 o’clock are colour-matched and feature white numerals set against a blue ground. They are enhanced by a small second with power reserve display, a 30-minute counter and a central stop-second, which thanks to the flyback function can be reset to zero and restarted with a single press of the pusher.
The striking 40 mm x 40 mm stainless steel case with rounded corners is the signature feature of the Seventies line. It lends the watch a youthful, vintage look as sophisticated as it is unmistakable. Yet even though the Seventies Chronograph Panorama Date has the look and feel of a child of the Seventies, the heart beating inside it is an automatic movement made by hand with a lot of love. Not only is the manufactory Calibre 37-02 equipped with a superior power reserve up to 70 hours, its highly refined finishes are also excellent examples of traditional Glashütte watchmaking, with bevelled and polished edges, polished and blued screws, and the famous Glashütte stripes finish on bridges, balance cock and a skeletonised rotor.
- Case: Stainless steel with specially shaped sapphire crystal caseback
- Diameter: 40.00 x 40.00mm
- Height: 14.10 mm
- Dial: Galvanized blue with sunray decoration, hour markers with Super-LumiNova and luminous dots
- Movement: Automatic Calibre 37-02 (bevelled/polished edges, polished steel parts, polished/ blued screws, skeletonized rotor with 21-ct gold oscillation weight, bridges/ balance cock/ rotor with Glashütte stripe finish, adjustment of rate by adjustment screws, fine adjustment rate symmetry using swan-neck spring
- Frequency: 28.800 vph, equivalent to 4 Hz
- Power Reserve: 70 hours ± 5 %
- Functions: Automatic movement, central hour/minute, small second, Panorama Date, chronograph with flyback/stop second/30 minutes counter/12 hour counter, power reserve display
- Water Resistance: 100 meters (10 bar)
- Strap: Stainless steel bracelet with adjustable clasp
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.