- Grand Seiko Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
Celebrating twenty-five fruitful years of Caliber 9S mechanical watchmaking, Grand Seiko presents the new Hi-Beat GMT 25th Anniversary Limited Edition ref. SBGJ275, whose dial takes inspiration from the sea of clouds rarely seen at daybreak, when still, humid air forms dense clouds that overlap with one another to create a beautiful tapestry. The blue color is inspired by the sky over Mt. Iwate, the peak visible from the Grand Seiko Studio Shizukuishi, when it is blanketed by this sea of clouds.
This model incorporates caliber 9S86, the high-specification movement that delivers the same accuracy (-5 to +3 seconds a day) and the same power reserve (55 hours) as the core Caliber 9S85, while also offering the GMT function that the international traveler needs to ensure that the accuracy of the time shown is not compromised when the time zone is changed, thanks to its independently adjustable local hour hand. The GMT hand shows the time in the home time zone. And thanks to the rotating 24-hour bezel, any traveler can easily track three different time zones at once, yielding unparalleled utility whilst abroad.
The clear sapphire crystal case back, meanwhile, provides an invitation to view the movement's titanium oscillating weight, which has been made a light shade of blue through an anodic oxidation process. Perhaps more uniquely, this marks the first time that a Grand Seiko mechanical watch with water resistance to 20 bar has featured an exhibition case back. A rotating bezel with sapphire crystal in blue and white elevates the design while allowing for a total of three time zones to be read at once. And of course, a tried-and-trusted 9S mechanical movement powers the new creation. In this case, it is the Hi-Beat GMT Caliber 9S86, which provides stable accuracy thanks to its frequency of 36,000 vph, equal to ten beats per second or 5 Hz.
- Case Material : Stainless steel
- Glass Material : Dual-curved sapphire
- Glass Coating : Anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Lumi Brite : Lumibrite on hands, indexes and rotating bezel
- Case size : Diameter 44mm × Thickness 14.7mm
- Bracelet: Stainless steel
- Clasp type : Tri-fold clasp with push button release
- Caliber no. : 9S86 Instructions
- Movement Type : Hi-Beat Automatic
- Power reserve : Approx. 55 hours
- Accuracy : +5 to -3 seconds per day (when static)
- Water resistance : 20 bar
- Magnetic resistance : Equipped
- Other details / Features :
- 24-hour hand (dual time display function)
- 37 jewels
- Calendar-linked time difference adjustment function
- Exhibition caseback with custom blued rotor
- Date display
- Rotating bezel (24-hour display)
- Screw case back
- Screw-down crown
- Stop seconds hand function
- Limited Edition: 2,000 pieces
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.