Seiko Prospex LX Spring Drive GMT 'Lunar' US-Exclusive
- Seiko Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
A Tribute to Spring Drive in Space
This new Prospex LX Special Edition draws upon inspiration from the moon while tipping its hat to explorer Richard Garriott’s 2008 spacewalk wearing the Spring Drive-powered Seiko SPS005 watch. Due to its stunning accuracy, temperature and pressure resistance, and unique construction, Spring Drive is specially suited for the harsh rigors of space. In fact, Spring Drive has passed the rigorous testing required for space travel and maintained its accuracy and functionality while on board the International Space Station — all concepts initially tested on Garriott's pioneering spacewalk.
Dubbed SNR051, this new Prospex LX watch features an intricate gray patterned dial representative of the silvered lunar surface and a multi-tone gray sapphire GMT bezel reflective of the light and shadows cast on the moon by other heavenly bodies. A vibrant blue GMT hand echoes the view of the earth from the moon, while tracking the time in a second time zone. Exclusively available in the U.S. market, the case and bracelet are crafted from lightweight and durable titanium with a super-hard coating for superior scratch-resistance. The case is finished with beautiful Zaratsu polishing to perfectly reflect light and is structured with a lower center of gravity ensuring that the timepiece is exceedingly comfortable to wear.
Designed for those who treat life as the ultimate adventure, the Seiko Prospex line meets every challenge with technological excellence and style. Part of a rich legacy of innovation in high-intensity timekeeping, Prospex continues to celebrate a long history of sports watch excellence with recreations and reinterpretations of landmark achievements.
- Case Material : Titanium case with super-hard coating
- Glass Material : Sapphire
- Glass Coating : Super-clear coating
- Case size : Diameter 44.8mm × Thickness 14.7mm
- Screwdown crown & caseback
- Band Material : Titanium bracelet
- Clasp type : three-fold clasp with push button release
- Caliber no. : Spring Drive GMT 5R66
- Movement Type : Automatic with date & 24-hour GMT and manual winding capability
- Power reserve : Approx. 72 hours
- Accuracy : ±1 seconds per day (±15 seconds per month)
- 30 jewels
- Textured grey "lunar surface" dial
- Power reserve indicator
- Lumibrite luminous hands & hour markers
- Water resistance : 10 bar (330 feet)
- Magnetic resistance : 4,800 A/m
- Hour hand can be independently adjusted separate from 24-hour GMT hand
- Reserved exclusively for the United States
- Includes special collector's certificate & box
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.