- Zenith Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
The legendary El Primero explores a new symphony of color
The Zenith Defy collection has long remained the Le Locle maker's 'concept line,' wherein we're treated with a technical showcase of cutting-edge development and edgy, modernist, design language. Continuing with the Defy traditions is a sequel to the 2022 Defy 21 'Chroma' in the form of a fresh pair of ceramic Chroma Limited Editions, now available in either black or white ceramic.
More than just a difference in materials, the two versions of the Defy 21 Chroma II take on different tones within the same spectrum of colors. The black ceramic version brings forth a range of tones based on the primary colors, while the white ceramic version features brighter accents with an emphasis on blues and pinks. The ceramic case gives way to a refracted rainbow spread evenly across the open dial, the tips of the hands and the movement, all in a perfectly transitioning gradient of colors spanning the entire spectrum. The meticulously applied colors on the markers and 1/100 of a second scale extend beyond the dial and out of the case, with the crown’s rubber grip ring as well as the cordura-effect rubber straps’ stitching following the color arrangement of the dial.
The open dial features raised chronograph counters matching the cases’ respective colors, beneath which the extraordinarily decorated movement shines through. Each bridge is finished in a different metallic color, again following the gradient of the dial’s markers. Visible through the dial as well as the sapphire case back, one can admire the uniquely constructed El Primero 21 automatic high-frequency 1/100th of a second chronograph that’s at the peak of performance and precision, featuring two independent regulating organs and gear trains for the timekeeping and chronograph functions, operating at frequencies of 5Hz (36’000 VpH) and 50Hz (360’000 VpH), respectively.
- Case: 44mm white ceramic
- Dial: Skeletonized, hands and hour markers rhodium-plated, faceted and coated with "Rainbow" varnish
- Sapphire Crystal front, exhibition caseback
- Movement: 5Hz El Primero 9004 automatic (36,000 VpH), "Rainbow" PVD-coated bridges + Special blue colored oscillating weight with satined finishings
- Movement characteristics: 1/100th of a second chronograph movement, Zenith-exclusive dynamic signature of one rotation per second for the chronograph hand, 1 escapement for the Watch (36,000 VpH - 5 Hz); 1 escapement for the Chronograph (360,000 VpH - 50Hz)
- Time display: Small seconds at 9 o'clock. 1/100th of a second Chronograph: Central chronograph hand that makes one turn each second, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock, 60-second counter at 6 o'clock, Chronograph power-reserve indication at 12 o'clock.
- Power reserve: 50 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 meters (10 bar)
- Strap: Rubber strap with rainbow stitching. Titanium double folding clasp
- Limited Edition: 500 pieces
We Also Recommend
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Master Chronometer "ETNZ" Deep Black 126.96.36.199.01.003
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.