- Czapek Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
An evolutionary inflection point for Czapek
Powered by Czapek's first independently developed calibre SXH1, the ‘Quai des Bergues’ represents the brand's origin story, as it pays tribute to the location where François Czapek founded the company in Geneva in 1845.
However, new for 2022, Czapek has dramatically overhauled the handwound SXH1 movement, creating a stunning new aesthetic without disturbing the spirit or capability of the 7-day calibre. The end result is the visibility of deep chamfering and extensive openwork, which clearly delineates a full-fledged three-quarter plate and exposes the geartrain. The bridge plate and balance bridge have also been hollowed out and seem to face each other like two shooting stars about to cross paths, giving the movement a more dynamic look. The mainplate now has a small triangular hole cut in the middle, a cursory punctuation on the matte grey rhodium-plated surface.
The reworked calibre differs from the first-generation SXH1 in other ways, namely the regulation which now has an annular balance wheel with weights for variable inertia and a Breguet terminal curve balance spring. The balance cock has also been finely skeletonised and streamlined to give the whole balance greater transparency.
Characterizing this highly evolved new Quai des Bergues is a dazzling handmade "Ricochet" pattern dial in flinqué enamel, produced by Czapek partner Donzé Cadrans. Available in two dreamy, iridescent tones, each dial lends an unusual intensity and contrast to this archetypical Czapek silhouette.
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Small second at 7h30
- Power reserve indication with weekdays at 4h30
- Calibre SXH1: Haute Horlogerie proprietary mechanical hand-wound movement
- Power-reserve > 168 hours (7 days) on 2 barrel-springs
- Frequency: 3 Hz – 21,600 VpH
- Diameter: 32 mm – 14 lines ¼
- Height: 4.75 mm
- Finish: partially open worked bridges on gear train, double open ratchets, sandblasted bridges and main plate, heat-blued screws, bevelling, final hand-chamfering, circular graining and snailing on wheels
Case & Bracelet
- Exclusive XO stainless steel “Revolution” case
- 42.5 mm diameter
- Thickness: 11.9mm (with domed sapphire), 9.5mm actual
- Curved Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Water-resistance: 50 meters (5 atm)
- Alligator strap with XO steel pin buckle
- Blue handmade “Flinqué” enamel dial
- Rhodium-plated stainless steel hands
We Also Recommend
Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional Master Chronometer Sapphire Sandwich 310.30.42.50.01.002
Omega Seamaster 75th Anniversary Aqua Terra 150M Co‑Axial Master Chronometer 22.214.171.124.03.005
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.