Established in 1940, and under the same ownership since 1947, Topper Fine Jewelers has served the San Francisco Bay Area for generations. In the current economic climate, an increasing number of our clients either wish to use their existing watches and jewelry as partial payment for a new item, or look to us to buy their items for fair value. We've handled thousands of transactions (many of them remotely) that involve buying or trading precious items. Our experience, ethics, and courteous nature cause clients to choose us over and over again. Topper Fine Jewelers is here to make your transaction as fair and stress free as possible. Please click on an area below for more information.
Whether Trading in your Watch or Jewelry, Turn to Topper Fine Jewelers
We Accept Trade In Watches
Topper Fine Jewelers accepts previously owned watches as part or all of your payment towards your new watch. Your old watch may be worth more than you think!
How much is your watch worth? Value is dependent on the condition and market value of your watch. Topper Fine Jewelers provides one of the most generous trade-in allowances in the industry.
While every watch is not always right for us, we will give you a general sense of what we can do over the phone. If we do come to an agreement, we will expect you to send the watch back to us with a copy of the following Details and Declaration of Ownership. When you call us please be prepared to discuss the following regarding a potential trade in. Each factor may affect the trade in value of your watch.
- What is the new watch you are interested in purchasing?
- What is the condition of your watch case, strap, and bracelet?
- What is the working condition of your watch?
- Does the watch have the original box and paper work?
- Does the watch have a valid stamped warranty card from an authorized dealer?
- Do you have the original receipt from the purchase?
- Can you clearly see the original serial number on the watch?
While we make every effort to be as accurate as we can be in evaluating your watch over the phone, final determination of trade in value is subject to our inspection of your watch.
We Accept Previously Owned Jewelry...
...as part or all of your payment towards a new item in our store.
How does it work? The first step is to give us a call or bring your jewelry to the store. When you come in we will analyze and weigh your gold or platinum and make you an offer based on the price of precious metal that day. We will issue you a credit for the stated amount, or you can select a new item from our store that day. Some complex items of jewelry may take longer to give you a price. Please note we do not accept gold filled or gold plated items.
If you call us to discuss your jewelry before your visit, please be prepared to discuss the following regarding a potential trade-in.
- What is the item you are interested in purchasing?
- What are the materials of the jewelry you have? For instance Is it 24kt, 18kt or 14kt?
- Is the Jewelry stamped with a Karat mark (14kt, 18kt, 750, 585?)
- If you are interested in a new piece of jewelry, what is it?
- Does your jewelry have any diamonds, precious, or semi precious stones?
- Is the Jewelry you wish to sell made by a specific designer?
- What is the approximate weight of the item?
While we make every effort to be as accurate as we can be in evaluating your jewelry over the phone, final determination of purchase price is subject to our physical inspection of your jewelry.
You may wish to fill portions of this form out before calling or vistiting us to help you in your discussion of each piece you are interested in trading in. We appreciate that you may not be able to provide all the information such as the specific weight of the item from your home. Please do not send us any items for evaluation without calling us first!