- Armin Strom Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
An innovative world-first in watchmaking
The Gravity Equal Force is the world’s first automatic watch with constant force transmission. The result is consistent power delivery to the balance which ensures that the watch always delivers flawlessly constant precision.
With its off-center grey-toned sapphire dial, the strikingly cool monochrome watch offers an extraordinary view of the exquisitely-finished manufacture movement.
A key innovation, exclusive to the first set of System 78 watches, is the very first implementation of a “stop-work” declutch mechanism to be deployed in combination with an automatic movement. Typically seen only in haute-horology timepieces that are orders of magnitude more expensive, a “stop work” mechanism offers the benefit of more consistent energy transmission. To fully understand the benefit of this mechanism, one must first understand why an ordinary watch will not run at a consistent rate throughout the duration of its power reserve. The problem begins with the mainspring that inhabits every mechanical timepiece. A mainspring is a tightly coiled metal ribbon that resides inside of a watch’s barrel to deliver force to the movement. However, the force that a mainspring will deliver in an ordinary watch as it unwinds can never be delivered consistently, because the force provided will necessarily be higher when fully wound than it will be towards the end of its power reserve. To address this, Armin Strom implemented a “stop work” mechanism in the Gravity Equal Force that limits the mainspring from fully unwinding and thereby leverages only that part of the mainspring’s unwinding process which can deliver power most consistently.
- Stop-Work declutch mechanism and Equal Force Barrel
- Handmade guilloche pattern on the black movement plate by Kari Voutilainen
- Bridges are coated with dark grey ruthenium; the barrel and the micro rotor are coated with rhodium
- Winding-mechanism: Automatic with micro rotor turning on dial side
- Regulating system: Screwed balance with steel spiral
- Frequency: 25.200 vph / 3,5 Hz
- Number of jewels: 28
- Power reserve: 72 hours
- Stainless steel
- Sapphire crystal and case back with anti-reflective treatment
- Diameter: 41.00 mm
- Height: 12.65 mm
- Lug-to-Lug: 48.09 mm
- Water-resistance: 30 m
- Grey toned off-center sapphire dial with subdial
- Steel with hand finishing and Super-LumiNova® filling
- Delivered with a black fabric strap with light grey stitching
- Width lugs/buckle: 20/18 mm
- Pin buckle or Folding clasp available in stainless steel
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.