- Grand Seiko Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
Night falls on the GPHG-winning Birch
Near Grand Seiko Studio Shizukuishi in northern Japan are areas known for their breathtaking white birch tree forests. The dial of SLGH017 takes the organic birch texture and does it in a subtle black, inspired by the atmosphere of the white birch tree forests on the Hiraniwa Plateau at night.
The Evolution 9 case is beautifully constructed, rendered in High-Intensity Titanium and finished to a high degree with Zaratsu-polished and hairline surfaces. The case also features a lower center of gravity to ensure day-to-day comfort on the wrist.
The eye-catching dial features distinct hour and minute hands, and the hour hand end is shaped to the exact width of the innermost part of the hour indexes. Each hour index is created through diamond cutting, giving them a perfectly flat mirror finish that reflects even the smallest bit of light, enhancing overall legibility.
Inside SLGH017 is the impressive Caliber 9SA5, a 10-beat movement boasting 80 hours of power reserve and a precision rate of +5 to -3 seconds a day. It fetaures three important developments: Grand Seiko's Dual Impulse Escapement, free-sprung balance, and horizontal gear train.
- Case Material: High-intensity titanium
- Glass Material: Box-shaped sapphire crystal
- Glass Coating: Anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Case size: Diameter 40mm × Thickness 11.7mm
- Clasp type: Tri-fold clasp with push button release
- Caliber: 9SA5 (Hi-Beat Automatic 36,000 vPh)
- Dual impulse escapement (more efficient energy transfer)
- Horizontal gear train (slimmer than Grand Seiko's existing Hi-Beat calibres)
- Grand Seiko free-sprung balance (more shock + friction resistant)
- Power reserve: 80 hours
- Accuracy: +5 to -3 seconds per day (when static) / +10 to -1 seconds per day (normal usage accuracy)
- Water resistance: 10 bar
- Magnetic resistance: Equipped
- Other details / Features:
- Exhibition caseback
- 47 jewels
- Stop seconds (hacking) hand function
- Date display
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.