- Oceanus Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
A fusion of proud Japanese tradition and innovation
The OCWS5000ME is based on the thin OCEANUS Manta and incorporates the traditional Japanese craft of maki-e into its design.
Maki-e is a technique in which motifs or letters are drawn on the surface of traditional Japanese pottery using lacquer, and then gold or silver metal powder is sprinkled on the surface of the ware before it dries. This model was developed and manufactured by Mr. Yutaro Shimode, a traditional craftsman in Kyoto. The motif of this model is Mr. Shimode's own masterpiece called "Whisper of Eternity," which expresses the sparkle of water using platinum. Furthermore, the dial and sapphire crystal bezel are also decorated with platinum maki-e, the same technique used in his masterpieces. And since all the work is done by hand by Mr. Shimode in his own atelier, no two timepieces are alike.
Timekeeping is automated by a Multi-Band 6 radio-controlled time correction module which passively receives radio wave signals from anywhere in the world throughout the day for automatic updates. The watch is also equipped with Bluetooth® smartphone link for even quicker time & date updates – enabling the wearer the ability to easily set the world time for up to 300 cities while automatically correcting to adjust for time zone or local daylight savings time, all of which should prove extremely useful for frequent fliers.
All of this utility, together with a sporty 100 meters of water resistance are housed in a svelte 42mm titanium case measuring only 9.5mm thick. It is fitted to a beautifully integrated titanium bracelet, rounding out a master class in the fusion of Japanese craftsmanship, tradition, and cutting-edge innovation.
- Case/Bezel Material: Titanium with scratch-resistant titanium carbide treatment
- Bracelet: Titanium with twin-trigger release and folding buckle
- Crystal: Dual-curved sapphire with dual-sided AR coating anti-reflection
- Dial: Black lacquer platinum powder, finished with applied markers and luminous Neobright
- Blue IP bezel with Tachymeter
- Water resistance: 100 meters (10 bar)
- Fully automatic calendar with Day / Date display
- Tough solar (solar powered)
- Automatic hand position correction using time calibration signal reception, auto receive six times per day
- Mobile link with automatic wireless connection using Bluetooth®
- Dual time, with 27 time zones, Home city time swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
- 1-second stopwatch (Measuring capacity: 23:59'59, Measuring modes: Elapsed time)
- Battery indicator display with power saving function (hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- 5 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 18 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case: 48.8×42.3×9.5mm
- Total weight: 82g
We Also Recommend
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.