- Oris Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
A tribute to baseball legend & humanitarian Hank Aaron
Oris celebrates the life, legacy and community action of baseball Hall-of-Famer Hank Aaron with a limited-edition version of the Big Crown inspired by the colors of Hank Aaron’s own Atlanta Braves uniform.
The watch is based on Oris’s signature design, the Big Crown Pointer Date, with touches that point to the great man and his record-breaking career. The color palette of blue, red and white is inspired by Hank Aaron’s famous baseball uniform from his long tenure with the Atlanta Braves. The palette is subtly applied to reflect Aaron’s humble attitude: in the blue-outlined red numerals; in the red-outlined blue minutes ring that runs around the dial; and in the blue leather strap, which is finished with white stitching akin to the stitching on a baseball glove. It comes with an interchangeable blue, red and white NATO fabric strap and a strap change tool.
Beyond, the watch is the familiar Big Crown, with a smooth, ergonomic round case in 40mm of stainless steel; a central pointer date hand with a red tip; a fluted bezel reminiscent of classic pilot’s watches; and an oversized crown, first added to an Oris watch in 1938 as a device for gloved airmen. The case back is engraved with a motif of Hank Aaron and his famous cross-handed batting stance, another thing that set him apart in the world of baseball.
The Oris Big Crown Pointer Date is, without question, the most important watch in Oris' rich history. First introduced in 1938 as a pilot’s watch, it has been a collection mainstay ever since, becoming Oris’s signature design. Its oversized crown was originally intended for gloved airmen but now serves a more aesthetic purpose, while the iconic pointer date function is now internationally recognized as a symbol of Oris’s mechanical inventiveness. The watch has a 40mm stainless steel case and fluted bezel, and a domed sapphire crystal over a black dial decorated with large, lumed Arabic numerals and a railway-track minute scale. It’s powered by the Oris Calibre 754, which fuels the brand's enigmatic Pointer Date function, whereby a central, red-tipped hand points to a date scale running around the perimeter of the dial.
- Movement: Automatic Oris 754 (base SW 200-1)
- Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date centre hand, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Power Reserve: 38 hrs
- Case: Stainless steel case
- Size: 40mm
- Dial: Painted with hands & markers coated with Superluminova C1/C3
- Crystal: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case Back: Stainless steel, engraved with Waldenburgerbahn locomotive & limited edition number
- Water Resistance: 5 bar (50 meters)
- Strap: Blue leather strap with white stitching and stainless steel buckle. Also supplied with alternative blue, red and white NATO fabric strap with stainless steel buckle and strap change tool
- Packaging: Leather travel pouch and card holder, and special Hölstein map cleaning cloth
- Limited Edition: 2,297 pieces
We Also Recommend
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.