- Seiko Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
Astron GPS Solar celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Quartz Astron
Today, 50 years after the Seiko Quartz Astron ushered in the quartz revolution, the enduring popularity, ubiquity and versatility of this remarkable technology have all been proven beyond any expectation. The Quartz Astron changed the way the world told time, astonishing people with its accuracy of +5 to -5 seconds per month. It also shaped the whole future of the electronics industry as several of its inventions, including the tuning fork shaped quartz oscillator, are still used in an extraordinary range of horological and non-horological devices alike, from clocks to personal computers to mobile phones. It is no exaggeration to say that, since 1969, Seiko’s quartz technology has touched the lives of nearly all mankind and continues to play a central role in our ever-changing modern world.
Now, a new Astron GPS Solar 5X series pays homage to the uniqueness of the first Quartz Astron of 50 years ago in both its design and in its technological advancement.
The GPS Solar 5X caliber. A technological achievement that adds new luster to the celebrated name Astron.
Since its launch seven years ago, Astron GPS Solar has taken the art of electronic watchmaking to new heights. With its accuracy of one second every 100,000 years, its ability to connect to the GPS network using just the power of light and its automatic adjustment to every time zone* on earth, Astron GPS Solar has found great favor with international travelers and lovers of high precision watchmaking alike.
- Case Material : Stainless steel case with super-hard rose gold color coating
- Glass Material : Dual Curved Sapphire
- Glass Coating : Super-clear coating
- Case size : Diameter 41.4mm × Thickness 13.3mm
- Band Material : Silicone strap
- Clasp type : three-fold clasp with push button release
- Caliber no. : 5X53
- Movement Type : Quartz
- Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (without receiving a GPS signal and at temperatures between 5°C and 35°C)
- Water resistance : 10 bar
- Magnetic resistance : 4,800 A/m
- GPS controlled time and time zone adjustment
- Dual-Time with AM/PM indication
- Perpetual calendar correct to the year 2100
- Automatic DST adjustment function
- High Speed Time Zone Adjustment
- Time Transfer Function
- Signal reception result indication
- World time function (39 time zones)
- Power save function
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.