Seiko Presage Arita Porcelain Dial SPB093
Arita porcelain. Traditional craftsmanship and modern techniques
Arita, a small town on Kyushu, the third largest island in the southwest of Japan, came to prominence in the early 17th century when clay suitable for porcelain manufacture was discovered there and its porcelain products soon became highly prized in Japan for the high quality of their artistry.
Within a generation, Arita porcelain, also known as ‘‘Imari ware’’ after the port from which most was shipped, became known overseas and was exported, first to Europe and later across the world when Japan opened its doors to international trade in the 19th century. Today, Arita porcelain is still highly prized worldwide and many porcelain makers still thrive in the town of just 20,000 people, thanks to its long tradition of craftsmanship, to the rich variety of its products and to the uniquely Japanese sensibility that they embody.
Arita porcelain was therefore a natural choice for the dials of a Presage collection but the Presage team needed to be 100% confident in its durability and strength. A new type of Arita porcelain material, created just three years ago, provided the solution. This new porcelain is more than four times harder than the usual material and has both the strength and flexibility required for a Presage watch dial.
The new Presage porcelain dials are made by an experienced manufacturer in Arita that has been making porcelain since 1830. Hiroyuki Hashiguchi is the master craftsman and he and his colleagues have been developing the dials with the Presage team over the past few years.
- Case Material : Stainless steel case
- Dial Material: Arita Porcelain dial
- Glass Material : Dual Curved Sapphire
- Glass Coating : Anti-reflective coating
- Case size : Diameter 40.6mm × Thickness 14.1mm
- Band Material : Crocodile strap
- Clasp type : three-fold clasp with push button release
- Caliber no. : 6R27
- Movement Type : Automatic with manual winding capacity
- Vibrations: 28,800 vibrations per hour （8 beats per second）
- Power reserve: Approx. 45 hours
- Water resistance : 10 bar
- Magnetic resistance : 4,800 A/m
Other details / Features :
- 29 jewels
- See-through screw case back
- power reserve indicator at the nine o’clock position
- date indicator at six o’clock