- Seiko Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
Inspired by the splendor of the polar aurora
This modern re-interpretation of the 1970 mechanical diver’s watch captures the beauty and mystery of the aurora that shines in the polar skies with its delicately textured dial and subtle color gradation. The original watch, worn by the Japanese adventurer Naomi Uemura from 1974 to 1976 when he completed a 12,000km solo dog-sled run from Greenland to Alaska, was a much-respected diver's watch whose design was instantly memorable as well as supremely functional.
The delicate mirror surfaces across the watch creates an elegant impression that enhances the beauty of the dial. The case has a super-hard coating to protect the watch from scratches and the crystal is a dual curved sapphire with anti-reflective coating on the inner surface to ensure high legibility from every angle. The watch is water resistant to 200 meters, and it includes an additional silicone rubber strap which retains the signature Seiko "train track" pattern of the 1970 original.
This reference is powered by Caliber 8L35, which was designed especially for diver’s watches by the watchmakers at the Shizukuishi Watch Studio in northern Japan.
- Case: Stainless steel with Seiko super-hard coating and mirror-polished accents
- Dimensions: 44mm by 13mm thick (49mm L2L)
- Caseback: Solid with 'Great Wave' engraving
- Dial: Textured blue
- Crystal: Domed, inner AR-coated sapphire
- Movement: High torque 8L35 caliber automatic movement, hand-assembled at the Shizukuishi Watch Studio to withstand high-intensity diving conditions
- Movement features: Time & date with manual and automatic winding capabilities
- Bezel: Unidirectional rotating with black 60 minute scale
- Power Reserve: 50 hours
- Water resistance: 200 meters
- Strap: Stainless steel bracelet with tri-fold push button release clasp and secure lock and extender. Includes additional silicone rubber strap
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.