- Zenith Authorized Dealer
- Topper Guarantee
- Extended Warranty more info
The legendary El Primero soars to rugged new heights
Zenith is pushing form and function to new heights with the latest addition to the DEFY line of resolutely futuristic watchmaking with the DEFY Extreme. As a supercharged El Primero-equipped DEFY, this new expression of superlative precision and ruggedness is built around a bold 45mm case with sharp lines, more pronounced edges, and an overall silhouette that exudes robustness, resilience and a penchant for exploring new horizons. The new design is reinforced by the addition of components protecting the pushers, and screw-down crown. Ergonomics as well as durability are enhanced, with a water-resistance of 200 metres – an impressive feat for a cutting-edge high-frequency chronograph with a display back. One of the DEFY Extreme’s most striking elements is the twelve-sided ring placed under the bezel, which extends down to the twelve-sided case back.
This new DEFY Extreme Carbon 1/100th of a second high-frequency automatic chronograph is crafted in light yet durable carbon fibre and titanium. The tinted sapphire dial takes on the colours of EXTREME E electric rally races,revealing the El Primero 21 automatic movement with two escapements beating at 50Hz and 5Hz. The DEFY Extreme watch comes with a black rubber strap as well as a red rubber strap and a black Velcro strap.
- Case: 45mm forged carbon & titanium (15.4mm thick)
- Dial: Skeletonized, hands and hour markers rhodium-plated, faceted and coated with Superluminova SLN C1
- Sapphire Crystal front, exhibition caseback
- Movement: 5Hz El Primero 9004 automatic (36,000 VpH)
- Movement characteristics: 1/100th of a second chronograph movement, Zenith-exclusive dynamic signature of one rotation per second for the chronograph hand, 1 escapement for the Watch (36,000 VpH - 5 Hz); 1 escapement for the Chronograph (360,000 VpH - 50Hz)
- Time display: Small seconds at 9 o'clock. 1/100th of a second Chronograph: Central chronograph hand that makes one turn each second, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock, 60-second counter at 6 o'clock, Chronograph power-reserve indication at 12 o'clock.
- Power reserve: 50 hours
- Water Resistance: 200 meters
- Strap: Features new interchangeable strap system and three straps: black articulated rubber with deployant clasp, red articulated rubber, and nylon strap with Velcro closure
We Also Recommend
Toppers is excited to offer a free extended warranty on the purchase of new watches. This warranty begins when the manufacturer's warranty runs out. As such, Topper Fine Jewelers will provide an additional non-transferable warranty for a period of one year.*
*Restrictions Apply. Service provided anywhere other than at Topper Fine Jewelers or a service center of the original manufacturer is not covered and shall void the warranty. Topper Fine Jewelers will have sole discretion to determine whether the work for the warranty will be performed "in house" by Topper Fine Jewelers or at a repair facility of our choice. The limited warranty does not cover bracelets, crystals, batteries, or any damage to the case or movement caused by moisture that might have entered the watch as a result of improper handling, nor does it apply, on a more general basis, if there is evidence of misuse or abuse. Only Topper Fine Jewelers will determine at its sole discretion to repair any watch under this warranty.